Local Sales Executive
XO Group, New York
XO Group Inc. guides people through life's biggest moments
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE LOCAL SALES EXECUTIVE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking for a go-getter with a strong background in closing high-volume sales, specifically new accounts. Having online advertising experience is ideal.. You own the cold call and can close deals in the blink of an eye. Others characterize you as a people person, and you can easily build relations with managers and local businesses in order to reach sales targets and boost The Knot’s market presence.
This role is located in NYC where you will have the opportunity to take on The Knot from an inside sales role.
- Give prospective clients a strong, crisp & on point presentation over the phone
- Hold yourself accountable to meet and exceed all sales and performance goals on a consistent basis
- Educate potential clients on the value of the Knot & how our partnership can grow their business
- Be inquisitive, confident and know how to ask great questions to uncover the client need and be able to eloquently convince the client why The Knot is the right place to advertise
- Committed to prospecting & cold calling in order to increase our market presence across your assigned region
- Be persistent - consistently following up with potential clients to close sales is just want you do
- Know how to make a recommendation based on the customer’s needs/customize a plan for the client
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Past experience selling multi-media advertising platforms
- Experience in consultative, high-volume sales on a daily, weekly basis
- Proven track record of prospecting and closing new accounts
- CRM software experience, Salesforce a plus
- Previous experience selling a digital based advertising solution in a transaction marketplace a plus
- College degree preferred
- Minimum 1 years advertising sales, 1 year outbound call experience
- Experience in the wedding/bridal industry a plus
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
About XO Group
XO Group Inc. helps people navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments, together. Our family of multi-platform brands guide people through transformative lifestages, from getting married to moving in together and having a baby. Our brands include The Knot, the number one wedding planning resource and marketplace, The Bump, the definitive voice for millennial parents and parents-to-be, and The Nest, the go-to guide for all things home for new couples.
Want to learn more about XO Group? Visit http://xogroupinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Head of Publisher Development, EMEA
Gestionnaire de clientèle
Index Exchange, Paris
Creative Strategist, EMEA Direct Response
Snap Inc., London, UK
Sr. Account Executive, Publisher Relations
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Outside Sales Representative - Utica
Townsquare Interactive, Utica, NY
Applications Engineer, Automotive