WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT MANAGER ROLE AND OUR MARKETPLACE TEAM:
The Knot’s wedding vendor marketplace is XO Group’s largest revenue business, accounting for nearly 60% of company revenue. We believe personalization, search, and discovery will be the #1 driver of growth and improved user experience. We also are inventing new monetization products that will allow our wedding vendors to expand their reach on The Knot in targeted, user-relevant ways.
We are looking for a Product Manager to own the marketplace experience for our couples. How do we help couples connect with vendors that are a perfect fit for their wedding? What role might search or intelligent recommendations play? What can we do to help each step of the planning process feel personal and relevant for every couple? We succeed when we match couples with their dream venue or the perfect photographer and then facilitate that connection effectively.
- Product strategy - what is the best path to achieving our goal; are we working on the most important things? Do our stakeholders understand what we’re working on and why?
- Execution - are we building premier products that achieve the desired outcomes for our couples, our wedding vendors, and the business?
- Process - is your squad optimized for maximum impact and velocity? How is the squad adding value?
- Product discovery - are we leveraging user science and hypothesis testing to maximize learning and accelerate achieving our goals?
- Collaboration - you’ll work closely with other squads and cross-functional partners to execute against a strategic plan
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience in product management in an agile environment
- Experience with marketplaces a plus
- Both detail oriented and strategic; you have the ability to prioritize day-to-day tasks while executing a broader, long-term vision
- Strong consumer product instincts; you’re relentlessly user-focused and have experience with user research and UX principles
- You care about Outcomes over Output - the goal is more important than the roadmap
- Excellent communication and organization skills; you like the challenge of communicating with different audiences, and you believe that every product is the sum of a multitude of small tasks and decisions
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
About XO Group
XO Group Inc. helps people navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments, together. Our family of multi-platform brands guide people through transformative lifestages, from getting married to moving in together and having a baby. Our brands include The Knot, the number one wedding planning resource and marketplace, The Bump, the definitive voice for millennial parents and parents-to-be, and The Nest, the go-to guide for all things home for new couples.
Want to learn more about XO Group? Visit http://xogroupinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Account Director, Agencies
LiveRamp, New York City, NY
Product Manager - Health Funds
Collective Health, San Francisco, CA
Assistant Manager | Product Placement
The Marketing Arm, Los Angeles
Senior Product Associate
Harry’s, New York, NY
Product Designer, Digital Products and E-Commerce
Blue Bottle Coffee, Oakland