WHY WE LOVE WORKING AT XO GROUP INC:
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, content rich, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun, and entrepreneurial work culture. Connect yourself to work that matters!
ABOUT THE PRODUCT MANAGER ROLE AND OUR MARKETPLACE TEAM:
The Knot’s wedding vendor marketplace is XO Group’s largest revenue business, accounting for nearly 60% of company revenue. We believe personalization, search, and discovery will be the #1 driver of growth and improved user experience. We also are inventing new monetization products that will allow our wedding vendors to expand their reach on The Knot in targeted, user-relevant ways.
We are looking for a Product Manager to own the marketplace experience for our couples. How do we help couples connect with vendors that are a perfect fit for their wedding? What role might search or intelligent recommendations play? What can we do to help each step of the planning process feel personal and relevant for every couple? We succeed when we match couples with their dream venue or the perfect photographer and then facilitate that connection effectively.
- Product strategy - what is the best path to achieving our goal; are we working on the most important things? Do our stakeholders understand what we’re working on and why?
- Execution - are we building premier products that achieve the desired outcomes for our couples, our wedding vendors, and the business?
- Process - is your squad optimized for maximum impact and velocity? How is the squad adding value?
- Product discovery - are we leveraging user science and hypothesis testing to maximize learning and accelerate achieving our goals?
- Collaboration - you’ll work closely with other squads and cross-functional partners to execute against a strategic plan
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience in product management in an agile environment
- Experience with marketplaces a plus
- Both detail oriented and strategic; you have the ability to prioritize day-to-day tasks while executing a broader, long-term vision
- Strong consumer product instincts; you’re relentlessly user-focused and have experience with user research and UX principles
- You care about Outcomes over Output - the goal is more important than the roadmap
- Excellent communication and organization skills; you like the challenge of communicating with different audiences, and you believe that every product is the sum of a multitude of small tasks and decisions
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Things you'll like a lot! Health benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, free drinks and snacks, guest speakers, learning events, and a mentor program.
Things you'll love! Amazing coworkers, unlimited vacation, weekly happy hours, transparent and approachable executives
About XO Group
XO Group Inc. helps people navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments, together. Our family of multi-platform brands guide people through transformative lifestages, from getting married to moving in together and having a baby. Our brands include The Knot, the number one wedding planning resource and marketplace, The Bump, the definitive voice for millennial parents and parents-to-be, and The Nest, the go-to guide for all things home for new couples.
Want to learn more about XO Group? Visit http://xogroupinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager - Desktop Experience
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Lead Product Designer
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Senior Product Designer
Product Manager, Connectivity
HotelTonight, Berlin, Germany
Director, Product Management
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA