Senior Copy Lead, Marketing & Product
XO Group, New York
XO Group Inc. guides people through life's biggest moments
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE SENIOR COPY LEAD, MARKETING & PRODUCT ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The XO Group is looking for a smart, passionate and funny digital copywriter with 12+ years of experience to conceptualize and create products and services that meet the needs of our advertisers, our brands and our users.
We’re looking for a stellar wordsmith to join our fast-paced, in-house marketing team. The Senior Copy Lead is a cross functional position and will oversee our product and marketing copywriters. This person will work closely with stakeholders from across the company, designers, product managers, and editorial to produce onbrand copy that creates a joyful user experience and elevates XO Group and The Knot brands.
- Determine and develop copy strategy that elevates and unifies all brand user touchpoints.
- Supervise and evangelize brand voice/tone guidelines that are properly tailored to both sides of our marketplace — a diverse mix of couples and experienced wedding professionals (B2C and B2B audiences).
- Implement and maintain a streamlined process for collaborating with stakeholders from across the company to ensure a cohesive voice and tone across all product channels, marketing touchpoints, and that strategic goals and objectives are met with each deliverable.
- Oversee a team of product and senior marketing copywriters.
- Write compelling, on-brand copy that inspires, informs and delights our audience while driving action across a suite of channels including marketing campaigns, industry leading planning tools and mobile apps.
- Possess the ability to “write visually” — know the constraints of the channels and product you are writing for, visualize how your copy could look in a layout and provide copy documents that help the designer understand your visions.
- Be an expert in marketing communications and general user interface copy. This includes but not limited to producing copy guidelines, product and feature naming, brand ad campaigns, email communications, social media, and marketing initiatives.
- Manage simultaneous projects from inception to completion. Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Someone with a love for writing and an enthusiasm for getting it right
- 12+ years of copywriting experience in support of digital product and marketing campaigns
- 3+ years management experience in leading and nurturing a team of at least 3 people
- Portfolio of work demonstrating a wide range of concepts and executions across web, mobile, and marketing campaigns
- Ability to determine and create copy strategy across a large number of channels
- Creative thinker with big ideas and an eagle eye when it comes to the details
- Deep understanding of using data and user testing to gain insight to the best copy solutions
- Ability to pivot quickly and experience working cross-functionally with fast-paced internal teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fascination with user behavior and desire to make impact
- Experience writing video content and scripts is a plus
- Deep understanding of SEO copywriting and experience working with SEO teams
- Passion for helping couples navigate one of life’s biggest moments!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
About XO Group
XO Group Inc. helps people navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments, together. Our family of multi-platform brands guide people through transformative lifestages, from getting married to moving in together and having a baby. Our brands include The Knot, the number one wedding planning resource and marketplace, The Bump, the definitive voice for millennial parents and parents-to-be, and The Nest, the go-to guide for all things home for new couples.
Want to learn more about XO Group? Visit XO Group's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Jobs You May Like
The Democratic Party
Regional Events Manager
The Democratic Party, Remote