National Account Executive, Programmatic Sales
XO Group, New York
XO Group Inc. guides people through life's biggest moments
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
XO Group is seeking an Account Executive located in NYC. The qualified candidate will be a high energy executive who has experience and existing relationships with senior level clients as well as in the agency/media buying community and who thrives in working in a fast paced digital media environment.
- Using your deep consultative sales skills, demonstrate the unique value proposition XO Group brings to drive programmatic revenue
- Responsible for building and managing relationships with relevant programmatic demand sources, including clients, agencies and DSPs.
- Structure packages and sell XO inventory via Programmatic Guaranteed and Private Marketplace.
- Funnel demand side feedback to appropriate XO teams to identify areas for ad product and ad platform enhancements.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of company stakeholders (Sales, Account Strategy, Revenue Operations, Legal, Accounting and Ad Operations) to deliver programmatic revenue.
- Serve as a programmatic subject matter expert within the company on key programmatic business trends and best practices.
- Train the Sales Team on packaging and selling programmatically. As needed, join other sellers on sales calls with programmatic buyers.
- Work with Marketing and Account Strategy to produce sales collateral (insights, media plans and post-campaign reports), as appropriate, for Programmatic buys.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 6+ years of digital media/cross-platform sales or buying experience (with 3+ years of digital experience in programmatic ad sales, revenue operations and/or business development)
- Solid grasp of the programmatic media ecosystem and experience working DSPs, SSPs, DMPs and trading desks.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals as determined by management.
- Able to easily create prospect lists and new revenue opportunities.
- Should possess a database of digital agency, strategy and client decision-makers.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to easily negotiate and optimize for performance and yield.
- Excellent verbal / written communication and presentation skills, ability to communicate complex situations into simple terms.
- Love of marketing and solutions-oriented, consultative selling
- Strong cross-functional and collaborative track record, team-player, able to multitask
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
About XO Group
XO Group Inc. helps people navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments, together. Our family of multi-platform brands guide people through transformative lifestages, from getting married to moving in together and having a baby. Our brands include The Knot, the number one wedding planning resource and marketplace, The Bump, the definitive voice for millennial parents and parents-to-be, and The Nest, the go-to guide for all things home for new couples.