Editorial Intern, The Bump
XO Group, New York
XO Group Inc. guides people through life's biggest moments
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE EDITORIAL INTERNSHIP ROLE AND THE BUMP TEAM:
Our part-time, paid internship program will give you the opportunity to gain invaluable on-the-job experience at the premier consumer internet, tech and media company devoted to weddings, pregnancy and everything in between. You can expect to learn a great deal about the baby media and online marketplace industries, experience what it’s like to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment and network with our teammates and awesome interns from all around the world!
The Bump, a leading pregnancy and early parenting website and app, seeks a fall intern with a strong interest in online publishing. You’ll learn an incredible amount about how a website is run and maintained on a day-to-day basis by helping to pitch and write daily news stories, build and optimize articles in a content management system and research products and trends, as well as assisting in other general departmental projects.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
The right candidate for this position will be smart, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, a problem solver, a go-getter and, above all, a team player.
- You must be a strong writer and tech- and Internet-savvy
- Undergraduate emphasis in journalism, English or communications
- Ability to work efficiently, multitask effectively and meet deadlines
- Experience with Google Docs and Adobe Photoshop is preferred
- Basic knowledge of SEO and CMS is a plus
- An interest in pregnancy and babies is also helpful
You must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program or be a recent grad to apply. This is a paid internship and school credit is optional.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
About XO Group
XO Group Inc. helps people navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments, together. Our family of multi-platform brands guide people through transformative lifestages, from getting married to moving in together and having a baby. Our brands include The Knot, the number one wedding planning resource and marketplace, The Bump, the definitive voice for millennial parents and parents-to-be, and The Nest, the go-to guide for all things home for new couples.
Want to learn more about XO Group? Visit http://xogroupinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Video Intern (LA)
Photography Intern NY - Summer 2018
BuzzFeed, New York
Time Inc., New York, NY
On-Call Photo Production Assistant
Manager - Physical Production, Global Variety/Comedy/Multi-Cam
Netflix, London, United Kingdom