Manager, SEO - GigMasters & The Bash
XO Group, New York
XO Group Inc. guides people through life's biggest moments
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
WHO WE ARE:
GigMasters was founded in 1997, so technically we're not a startup, but the fun atmosphere, fast-paced work environment and regular happy hours kind of make us feel like one. We're a tight-knit group. We hold regular company events, and we believe in celebrating company milestones.
GigMasters, recently acquired by XO Group, is the marketplace for every event, providing party planners and hosts with an online tool to find entertainment and event services of all kinds. We’ve helped facilitate over 300,000 bookings and have over 70,000 event vendors, ranging from musicians and photographers to impersonators and magicians. GigMasters empowers people to make a living doing what they love, and we take pride in being able to do so.
ABOUT THE MANAGER, SEO ROLE & OUR TEAM:
GigMasters, a part of XO Group, is seeking a Manager, SEO to join our audience development team in our New York or Norwalk office. This position will play a key role in continuing to reach and build audience for both GigMasters and The Bash. The Manager, SEO will have the opportunity to work directly with multiple product squads, influencing the digital brands and experiences that drive our business. We’re looking for a roll-up-your-sleeves SEO professional with a track record of managing SEO strategy and implementation for leading digital brands.
Working under the Audience Development team, the Manager, SEO will develop and execute on-page and off-page SEO strategy across multiple XO Group business units through these activities:
- Develop and evolve the SEO content strategies for GigMasters and The Bash.
- Research and implement SEO keyword strategies for key web properties, advancing keyword rankings and outperforming competitors in Google and other search engines.
- Conduct SEO content and technical audits across multiple open source and in-house Applications.
- Learn and help advance technical SEO best practices ranging from XML Sitemaps, page speed, crawl/server errors, link analysis and clean-up, redirect implementation, and more.
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting of traffic performance and keyword rankings.
- Daily involvement in web analytics, including monitoring results of projects, locating problem areas and their causes, and providing recommendations based on findings.
- Collaborate with product, editorial, and marketing stakeholders in planning meetings and discussions.
- Work with product squads on definition, testing, and launches of SEO related features
- Provide best practices for new pages, redesigns, taxonomies, and migrations.
- Train the business on SEO best practices.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years experience in an SEO role with a focus on keyword research, content, and SEO best practices.
- Direct experience developing comprehensive SEO strategies and performance-focused website content (working with large marketplace brands a big plus), accounting for search volume, user intent, content categories, business units, competitive landscape, and more.
- Expert in Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools and technical SEO requirements.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, attention to detail, and quality assurance.
- Strong understanding of basic HTML, CSS, React and code structure as it relates to SEO.
- Experience with web analytics programs (Google Analytics preferred).
- Google Analytics certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with SEO applications (Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl, Ahrefs, Moz, SEMrush, e.g.).
- Ability and eagerness to effectively balance ad-hoc daily requests with big-picture strategic work.
- A passion for SEO and an ongoing drive to learn, understand, and implement white-hat techniques.
- Excellent drive, reliability, and cross-departmental collaboration, with strong problem-solving, presentation, and communication skills (including performance reporting).
- Understanding of Agile/Lean development process a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study.
- Weekly travel up to 20%
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
About XO Group
XO Group Inc. helps people navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments, together. Our family of multi-platform brands guide people through transformative lifestages, from getting married to moving in together and having a baby. Our brands include The Knot, the number one wedding planning resource and marketplace, The Bump, the definitive voice for millennial parents and parents-to-be, and The Nest, the go-to guide for all things home for new couples.
Want to learn more about XO Group? Visit XO Group's website.
File hosting service