Senior Product Designer
XO Group, Austin
XO Group Inc. guides people through life's biggest moments
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE SR. PRODUCT DESIGNER ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking for a full-stack product designer who wants to build products that matter! The Knot product designers are partners in full-stack, agile squads—collaborating on purposeful solutions that transform our business and deliver the highest value and experience to our planning couples.This is a great opportunity to be a part of a mid-size, entrepreneurial company with a lively start-up feel and to create user-first digital products for a passionate community of users.
Be a great product squad partner
- Work as a partner in an autonomous, full-stack, product team, contributing at a strategic and tactical level on defining requirements, producing wireframes, storyboards, user flows, user interfaces and interactions, visual designs, prototyping, testing, and delivering pixel perfect design assets.
- Work with web development and engineering teams to meet technical requirements for projects while balancing needs of users with technical constraints and business objectives.
- Lead design studios to facilitate a shared design process and continue to raise the design IQ of partners.
Be a great product designer
- Know and love our users, understand their pain points, listen to their feedback, walk in their shoes, be their champions.
- Research, test, learn, iterate. Repeat.
- Effectively present to and discuss solutions with stakeholders.
- Maintain a spirit of shared ownership, cooperation, and accountability through all phases of product development.
Be a great design team partner
- Contribute to the brand visual language and cohesive user experience as an ongoing creative endeavor through the honing of our brand digital guidelines, growth of our pattern library, and holistic site experience development.
- Participate in design team reviews/critiques at various stages of UX and visual design phases to maintain a balanced and holistic product and brand overview.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- You have 3-6 years of experience as a user-experience designer who has experience designing for desktop, mobile web, and native mobile experiences.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Product Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or a related field (or equivalent proven field experience).
- You have experience defining patterns/style guides, performing user testing, and building low to high fidelity prototypes
- You are proficient in Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, usertesting.com. Additional programs (Photoshop & Illustrator) a plus.
You have a passion for research and have facilitated user testing and studies/analysis of user feedback
- You process quantitative as well as qualitative data alongside empathy as a driver to distill into innovative, user-centric solutions.
- You are a strategic design thinker, a collaborator and a champion of the user who possess well-developed conceptual execution abilities and can confidently iterate on assets that deliver the simplest, most usable, high-value experience for our user.
- You are an excellent communicator, capable of presenting your ideas clearly and in the context of usability, expressed user value and brand value proposition, while also anticipating your team and manager’s needs by communicating early and often.
Please provide supporting portfolio link.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and company outings, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
About XO Group
XO Group Inc. helps people navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments, together. Our family of multi-platform brands guide people through transformative lifestages, from getting married to moving in together and having a baby. Our brands include The Knot, the number one wedding planning resource and marketplace, The Bump, the definitive voice for millennial parents and parents-to-be, and The Nest, the go-to guide for all things home for new couples.
Want to learn more about XO Group? Visit XO Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Vineti, San Francisco
Product Manager - Host
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Marketing Campaign & Product Integrity Analyst, New Grad - January 2019
BounceX, New York
Senior Product Manager, Marketplace
Healthline Media, San Francisco, CA
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Product Intelligence Manager
United Technologies Digital, New York