WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR, ANALYTICS ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The XO Group is looking for a a full-time Director, Analytics. Our analysts work with stakeholders across all departments within the company: Product, Development, Marketing, Sales, Finance and Strategy. They provide insight by building dashboards, analyzing data with quick queries and summarizing data in their own words. We have 10+ analysts in four offices, DC, NYC, Austin and Barcelona, Spain and our analysts collaborate daily with our Data Engineers and Data Scientist and all three groups reside within the same Data Team. The Director would manage our team of analysts.
- Communication with business and product development leaders and stakeholders about overall priorities and areas of focus in order to direct the team resources appropriately
- Lead conversations about trends / discoveries with key stakeholders and executive management
- Spearhead & direct efforts to educate and develop analytical skills across the company
- Evaluating, selecting and implementing analytic tools - both on the data collection as well as the analysis side
- Manage analysts in all offices
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 13+ years of hands-on web analytics or business intelligence
- 3-5 years managing other analysts
- SQL and database experience
- Experience with Google Analytics and BigQuery
- Front-end dashboard development experience strongly preferred in Qlik, Tableau or Birst
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Bachelor or Master's Degree
- Experience managing teams in remote locations including experience with international staff
- Ability to travel 1-2 times a month between DC and NY offices
- Bachelor or Master's Degree
- Spanish language skills are desirable
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
About XO Group
XO Group Inc. helps people navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments, together. Our family of multi-platform brands guide people through transformative lifestages, from getting married to moving in together and having a baby. Our brands include The Knot, the number one wedding planning resource and marketplace, The Bump, the definitive voice for millennial parents and parents-to-be, and The Nest, the go-to guide for all things home for new couples.
Want to learn more about XO Group? Visit XO Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Fullscreen, Playa Vista, CA
First Orion Corp., Little Rock, Arkansas
Software Development Internship
A³ by Airbus Group, Santa Clara, CA
Back End Engineer
Développeur(se) Frontend Senior
Andela, Kampala, Uganda