PHP Engineer (Contract)
XO Group, Washington, D.C.
XO Group Inc. guides people through life's biggest moments
Are you looking for a unique experience where you can impact a leading global brand’s business by building a global product? WeddingWire is seeking PHP Engineers (you!) to assist with production support as we work through major integration projects. As a full-stack developer, you will work alongside our feature web development teams in a very collaborative, fast-paced environment to ensure our consumer and business customers have the best experience possible. You will receive, prioritize and respond to customer feedback, while participating in productive, results-driven business discussions and decision making. Additionally you will provide production support to teams by triaging and implementing fixes for requests and bug reports, originating from internal and external sources. This will be a 6 month contract, with the possibility of extension.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Receive, triage and respond to feedback and bug reports from internal teams and production users.
- Provide technical evaluations to assist in prioritization of incoming issues.
- Construct performant MySQL statements to debug or correct data when required.
- Strive to adhere to production support team SLAs by implementing fixes quickly and efficiently with minimal error.
- Escalate repetitive or highly complex issues to appropriate feature teams and review and recommend long term or architectural changes to ensure alignment with ongoing feature work.
- Ensure that tech debt remains minimal during and after development, and that technological choices are made thoughtfully so their impacts do not hinder future development.
- Foster and maintain a healthy, friendly, happy, and emotionally safe work environment.
SUCCESSFUL PHP ENGINEER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree or 5-6 years of relevant engineering experience; hands-on coding is required.
- 3-4 years of professional experience coding with and delivering product in PHP.
- Experience working with MySQL, analyzing and constructing performant queries.
- The ability to onboard quickly to new platforms and reverse engineer efficiently.
- Professional experience coding with and delivering product in at least one interpreted web-friendly scripting language (PHP, Ruby, Perl, Python, Elixir, etc.)
- Full knowledge of the web stack.
- Experience working with React/Redux (a bonus, but not required).
- Known for exceeding performance goals, while also encouraging, motivating and acting as the spokesperson and advocate for your team.
- Enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Excited by the fast pace and you thrive in variety.
- Competent in maintaining confidential information.
- An organized and excellent project manager who enthusiastically gets their hands dirty for the sake of getting things done.
- A multi-tasker, but prioritize tasks by urgency and importance.
- Comfortable collaborating with all levels of management.
- Always asking "what if?" and then like to use your resources to find the answers.
- Self-confident, respectful of self and others others, and energetic.
- Our Amazing Team! Our team is led by the industry’s top leaders. We are a supportive team that wants every employee to succeed. WeddingWire employees are deeply proud to work here and are eager to onboard employees who want to promote the mission of our organization and achieve our business objectives.
- Award-winning Culture! We are proud to have been selected by numerous organizations as one of DC's Best Places to Work! We strongly believe in promoting a unique employee experience and that happy employees lead to happy customers: our competitive advantage! We make significant investments in cultivating our culture, which consistently ranks the highest attribute of working for WeddingWire on our internal and external employee surveys.
WeddingWire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, WeddingWire complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. WeddingWire expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
About XO Group
XO Group Inc. helps people navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments, together. Our family of multi-platform brands guide people through transformative lifestages, from getting married to moving in together and having a baby. Our brands include The Knot, the number one wedding planning resource and marketplace, The Bump, the definitive voice for millennial parents and parents-to-be, and The Nest, the go-to guide for all things home for new couples.
Want to learn more about XO Group? Visit XO Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Staff Software Engineer, Real Time Payments (REF24378W) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US