Director, Ad Operations
XO Group, New York
XO Group Inc. guides people through life's biggest moments
DIRECTOR, AD OPERATIONS & AD TECHNOLOGY
XO Group Inc. (The Knot, The Bump and The Nest) is looking for a strong leader for the Director of Ad Operations & Ad Technology position in the National Strategy & Operations group. This person will be responsible for managing a team of specificalists in ad platforms, revenue products and trafficking operations. This role also collaborates closely with technical product management and yield leaders on strategy and owns the management and evolution of our entire Ad Tech stack (including programmatic & data). Ensures we are conducting business using leading platforms that are best aligned with our monetization strategies and goals.
The ideal candidate has a very strong ad tech background, is a strategic thinker and comfortable working across a variety of platforms and systems. This person is a solutions-oriented problem-solver who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get to the right answer or resolve an issue and is focused on performance driven outcomes for our national advertisers.
Responsibilities and oversight include:
● Manage the implementation of new ad & data technologies in the ad stack, supporting direct and
programmatic sold campaigns.
● Works with Ad Product Manager on the team to create ad product roadmap/strategy - including
execution and development of new product releases.
● This role works with cross functional leadership in product and engineering.
● Provide technical product managers with operationally efficient ad specifications
● Communicate the impact business policy changes have on the advertising business
● Manage vendor / platform relationships
● Build data structures to maximize business intelligence and ad targeting capabilities
● Knowledgeable of ad industry trends to capitalize on revenue opportunities
● Attract, retain, develop and motivate the team. Exhibits leadership skills to nurture talent and
provide development guidance and career planning for each individual team member.
● Successfully manage a multi-location team in NY and China
● Provide direction and problem solving support, coaching the team to work thoughtfully,
independently and productively
● Train the team in techniques to ensure accurate results, consistent support and client satisfaction
● Push for consistent process improvement and set relevant policies for the team
● Operate with a sense of urgency and purpose, tie team activities to overarching business goals
● BS/BA or equivalent in marketing, business, technology or other related field
● 8+ years experience in a technical or ad ops role at an online environment
● Deep knowledge of ad serving and data technologies, DFP, DMP (Lotame) and AdX
● Enthusiastic, professional demeanor and experience working in a client-oriented setting
(internal or external)
● Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced business environment
Excel (Power Pivots/VLOOKUP)
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
About XO Group
XO Group Inc. helps people navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments, together. Our family of multi-platform brands guide people through transformative lifestages, from getting married to moving in together and having a baby. Our brands include The Knot, the number one wedding planning resource and marketplace, The Bump, the definitive voice for millennial parents and parents-to-be, and The Nest, the go-to guide for all things home for new couples.
Want to learn more about XO Group? Visit XO Group's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one