WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
About The Engineering Manager Registry Role and our Team:
The Knot’s registry product team is seeking an Engineering Manager to help lead one of the fastest growing and largest revenue generating products at XO. The Knot’s registry product is already the leading wedding registry product, used by a large percentage of brides in the US, and millions of guests. In 2018 we will be reinventing the product to maintain and increase our lead, and are looking for an incredibly strong engineering lead to manage one of the largest engineering squads at XO.
You will be joining a high-performing team with lean product and startup experience. Our product and engineering teams work closely together at every phase of product development from research and inception to release and maintenance.
The ideal candidate is someone with a deep engineering background and management experience who enjoys driving results through empowering others just as much as delivering through his/her own individual contribution. The person has a passion for delivering value to users and the business through best-in-class engineering, product, and execution.
- Lead an 8+ person talented team of full-stack and mobile engineers on the development of The Knot Registry
- Will spend at least 30-40% time as an individual contributor directly writing and reviewing code
- Collaborate closely with product managers and other engineering teams at all stages of product development and launch
- Work closely with business stakeholders to deliver value to users and business partners
- Contribute to the development of codebase and infrastructure (Ruby on Rails, Node, React, AWS)
- Lead and facilitate decision making during technical meetings
- Ensure the continuous improvement of engineering and product processes
- Coach team members on their personal and career development
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 6+ years production experience in full stack web development (Node / React are big pluses)
- 2+ years managing engineers
- A pragmatic programmer who takes pride in going the extra mile for a better user experience
- Experience and comfort working with business stakeholders to help manage relationships with registry BD partners (retailers)
- Experience with TDD and agile development principles
- Experience building and maintaining scalable REST APIs
- Mastery of design patterns and anti-patterns
- Team player, able to multitask, with a can-do attitude
- B.S. in Computer Science a major plus
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
About XO Group
XO Group Inc. helps people navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments, together. Our family of multi-platform brands guide people through transformative lifestages, from getting married to moving in together and having a baby. Our brands include The Knot, the number one wedding planning resource and marketplace, The Bump, the definitive voice for millennial parents and parents-to-be, and The Nest, the go-to guide for all things home for new couples.
Want to learn more about XO Group? Visit XO Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Program Manager - Security and Compliance
Ring Inc., Santa Monica, CA
Senior DevOps Engineer
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
Applications Engineer – Platform and HPC Applications (US Person)
Rescale, San Francisco, CA
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
Confluent, United States