Data Warehouse Engineer
XO Group, Austin
XO Group Inc. guides people through life's biggest moments
WHY WE LOVE WORKING AT XO GROUP INC:
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, content rich, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. Connect yourself to work that matters!
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
XO Group is expanding its data warehouse platform and is looking for a highly skilled Data Warehouse Engineer who loves working with data. The primary role will be to support and to accelerate the expansion of the data warehouse focusing on Marketing data. In addition, support outbound integration to our email marketing platform. This position requires a highly organized, self-directed and highly data focused team player with strong analytical, development and data warehousing skills with the ability to work in an Agile BI environment.
The successful Data Warehouse Engineer must possess a firm grasp of data warehouse methodologies with a strong background in data integration from an eclectic array of data sources. The Data Warehouse Engineer will be expected to take on the architecture and delivery of critical information by working with Product Leads and Analysts to analyze business requirements, design and develop BI solutions to ingest, integrate and provision structured and semi-structured data. Also required is the support of Python integrations to Third Parties.
- Collaborate with Product Lead and BI Analysts counterparts to understand business requirements and formulate solutions
- Collaborate with subject matter experts
- Develop dimensional model to satisfy business requirements
- Develop Birst workspace utilizing live access to connections
- Develop and support self-monitoring, robust, scalable ETL/ELT processes and data pipelines
- Develop logical and physical data models and maintain Entity Relationship Diagrams and related documentation
- Manage database supporting elements including schemas, tables, views, scripts
- Participate and attend development iteration meetings to satisfy Business Intelligence and Data warehousing objectives
- Willing to learn new technologies
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- MIS/CIS/CS Degree or 5-8 years relevant experience
- 3-5 years data modeling experience modeling Star Schema structures using Ralph Kimball methodology
- Working experience with integration platforms such as SSIS, Talend and Informatica
- Experience writing and troubleshooting complex ELT integration SQL scripts
- Working knowledge of Snowflake data warehouse platform desirable
- Working knowledge of Birst BI platform desirable
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as EC2, SNS,SQS, and Lambda highly desirable
- Working knowledge of Python highly desirable.
- Must display strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Things you’ll like a lot!
- Health benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, free drinks and snacks, learning events, volunteering opportunities, and a mentorship program.
Things you’ll love!
- Amazing coworkers, unlimited vacation, weekly happy hours, transparent and approachable executives
About XO Group
XO Group Inc. helps people navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments, together. Our family of multi-platform brands guide people through transformative lifestages, from getting married to moving in together and having a baby. Our brands include The Knot, the number one wedding planning resource and marketplace, The Bump, the definitive voice for millennial parents and parents-to-be, and The Nest, the go-to guide for all things home for new couples.
Want to learn more about XO Group? Visit XO Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Helpdesk Technician (Contract)
Brit + Co, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Billing Team
Checkr, San Francisco
Cloud Solutions Architect
Software Engineer, Web Frontend
LimeBike, San Mateo, CA
Site Reliability Engineer - Infrastructure/Systems
Quora, Mountain View, CA