Web Analytics Analyst
XO Group, New York
XO Group Inc. guides people through life's biggest moments
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE WEB ANALYTICS ANALYST ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking for a Web Analytics Analyst to help us plan more personalized and fun weddings in less time—as well as reimagine how people propose, navigate a pregnancy and raise healthy babies. The Analyst will identify insights and trends in our data, enabling us to build products that better address a couple’s needs during life’s most important moments. Given the unique perspective of working across products and brands, this role is positioned to influence decision making by providing thoughtful analytical insights.
This position in the Business Intelligence & Digital Analytics department sits at the intersection of User Experience, Product Analytics and Data Intelligence. The Analyst is closely aligned to the Product organization, contributing to the practice of analytics-based decision making, driving the selection and adoption of new tools, and educating the Product and Design teams on their use. The position also works in close collaboration with the Data Intelligence team to identify and cleanly capture the data required for our algorithms.
The Web Analytics Analyst will have the opportunity to expand his/her understanding of product development through participation in XO Group's Product School and by working alongside our prestigious product community. It is a great chance to grow as an analytics professional.
- Supporting the production and distribution of web analytics including:
- Automated dashboards & reports
- Ad hoc analysis as necessary to aid the Product organization in the analysis of web-based products
- Maintaining the digital tracking infrastructure, including compiling and reviewing data requirements for the collection of web analytics and event data, and evaluating the product analytics landscape for new tools as they emerge
- Educating and training the Product organization in the practice of Product Analytics and the accompanying toolset
- Proactively identifying notable changes in patterns and trends across all products and brands
Helping to “clean up” and centralize data for consumption by multiple stakeholders
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGIES:
- Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager
- A/B testing
- Experience collecting and leveraging user event data for analysis (e.g. Segment, keen.io, MixPanel)
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Birst, Mode, Tableau, chart.io, d3)
- Basic SQL querying skills
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills with a knack for recognizing trends/patterns in large data sets
- Must be comfortable drawing key insights from data and communicating/presenting these findings to stakeholders and decision makers
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to identify and communicate effectively with product and engineering teams
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment juggling multiple projects and responding quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with a sense of urgency regarding completion of assignments
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Self-motivated, creative, innovative, highly organized, able to multi-task, and keen to work in a collaborative environment
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
About XO Group
XO Group Inc. helps people navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments, together. Our family of multi-platform brands guide people through transformative lifestages, from getting married to moving in together and having a baby. Our brands include The Knot, the number one wedding planning resource and marketplace, The Bump, the definitive voice for millennial parents and parents-to-be, and The Nest, the go-to guide for all things home for new couples.
Want to learn more about XO Group? Visit XO Group's website.
Minimalist makeup and skincare
Tech Jobs For You
Senior, Computer Vision Researcher/Engineer, Hand Tracking
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA; Toronto, ON; Zurich, Switzerland