Engineering Manager - Biz Traffic (Remote)
Yelp, Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where You Come In:
- Lead complex technical projects and a team of software engineers.
- Coach and mentor engineers of all experience levels, from new college graduates to senior engineers.
- Help define the long term roadmap for the team.
- Participate in the hiring process.
- Define and execute major initiatives that have impact across multiple organizations.
- Provide transparency and predictability of initiatives for stakeholders.
- Foster and grow a fun, diverse, inclusive culture that reflects Yelp’s values.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- Previous experience as a manager with excellent people management skills and the ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers.
- An excellent communicator who can successfully build relationships with a broad set of internal stakeholders across various departments.
- You can bring order to a high-pressure, chaotic situation.
- Command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, Objective-C, C++, etc.
- Ability to participate in 24/7 incident response when necessary.
- Comfort coordinating initiatives across multiple locations (the UK, Germany, and North America).
- Experience in product growth or SEO is a plus.
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, a collaborative team, and a dynamic work environment.
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase plan.
- 25 days paid holiday (rising to 29 with service), plus one floating holiday.
- £150 monthly reimbursement to help cover remote working expenses.
- £75 caregiver reimbursement to support dependent care for families.
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision.
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays.
- Regular 3-day Hackathons, bi-weekly learning groups, and productivity spending to support and encourage your career growth.
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences.
- £56 per month to use toward qualifying wellness expenses.
- Quarterly team offsites.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Today, our mission is simple: Empower independent business owners to dream big.