Marketing Assistant - Social Media - Long Island
Yelp, Long Island, NY
Connecting people with great local businesses
- Loves to write! Strong writing background and ability to meet deadlines
- Social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. The fun one. Diplomatic, too.
- Marketing maven. Ability to plan, build and execute marketing partnerships with community organizations and events. Creative. Outgoing. Social.
- You reside in Long Island area and consider yourself a local expert.
About the job:
- Writing. Write locally compelling newsletters weekly as well as persuasive pitches to newsletter sponsors and more!
- Marketing outreach. Connect with the right local organizations; barter weekly newsletter sponsorships for promotion of Yelp.
- Event planning. Conceptualize, negotiate, plan and execute cool, fun and buzz-worthy (big wow factor!) events/parties.
- Communication. Be accountable with stellar communication to your Community Manager, brand ambassadors, interns and those who support you at Yelp HQ.
So What Are Some Possible Responsibilities of a Yelp Marketing Assistant?
- Helping develop, organize and execute marketing events (parties, happy hours) and guerilla marketing programs (festivals, street ambushes, etc).
- Co-managing the Twitter handle.
- Keeping Yelp clean with on-site projects, writing and researching.
- Online community building.
Other fun requirements:
- 4-year college/university degree.
- Currently living, eating, breathing (or working) in Long Island.
- Experience with social networking, social media, guerilla marketing tactics, and event planning.
- THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION. Flexible 20 hours per week.
- Marketing assistants must be 21+ and have reliable transportation and own laptop.
Ready to apply? Submit the following (all required):
- Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills and general personality and style.
- Resume showcasing your relevant experience.
- A link to your (full and interesting) Yelp profile – this is your writing sample, so make it snappy!
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit http://www.yelp.com
Jobs You May Like
Fall 2017 Public Relations Internship - Sports
Time Inc., New York, NY
Platform Marketing Intern
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Senior Director of Sales Marketing, B2B
XO Group, New York
Senior Digital Marketing Manager
ModCloth, San Francisco, CA
Short-Term Event Coordinator - European Luxury Fashion
Director of Communications
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles