Product Manager - Data Infrastructure
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Work with our Data Lake team to transform massive amounts of disparate facts into useful curated datasets and machine learning signals.
- Work with multiple engineering teams to build meaningful and unified data products, to serve as the basis for all analysis at the company.
- Coordinate and communicate data needs amongst stakeholders throughout the company, including product, engineering, machine learning, data science, business analyst, and marketing teams.
- Internalize how Yelp describes the interactions of millions of users throughout our data, and help strategize on how to best leverage that information to solve our most urgent business problems.
- Become an expert on data loading, transport, access, and storage systems.
We Are Looking For:
- CS or engineering degree
- 3+ years in product management, engineering management, or similar experience leading engineers and shipping products.
- Experience with analytics systems, data transport systems, and data warehousing.
- Experience with any of: Amazon Redshift, Amazon Spectrum, Athena, Presto, or other large-scale columnar data systems.
- Experience with data solutions products, including: Google Analytics, Tableau, Mixpanel, or other industry competitors.
- A burning curiosity to discover the ground truth of how massive data sets tell stories of user experiences.
- Tenacity in the face of complex problems.
- Communication skills to cut through complexity like a hot knife through butter.
- A thought leader to help recognize valuable opportunities waiting to be discovered in Yelp’s data.
- A desire to collaborate and support your fellow Yelp colleagues in solving data problems.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Designer
Mixpanel, San Francisco
Senior Interaction Designer
United Technologies Digital, New York
Senior Brand Designer
HealthTap, San Francisco, CA OR Palo Alto, CA
Principal Product Manager
AltSchool, San Francisco, CA
Codility, Warsaw, Poland