Director, Real Estate & Workplace Services
Yelp, New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Phoenix, AZ or San Francisco, CA
Connecting people with great local businesses
- Oversee real estate portfolio with locations in major US cities and abroad. Develop and execute real estate strategy in line with Yelp’s business objectives. Several of our offices are in unique and historic buildings, and all are centrally located so that our employees can engage with local businesses, key to Yelp’s mission.
- Operate the workplace environment in a five star manner. Our facilities are essential in maintaining our culture. Champion our culture and values and ensure they are reflected in Yelp’s global portfolio and workplace interiors. Yelp’s interiors are designed for style, comfort and collaboration and have been celebrated in architectural, design and news media features. Our cafes, conference rooms and common areas are just as important as the personal workspaces for each employee.
- Anticipate, plan and execute future expansions and new locations globally. Own and manage a global budget, and create high operational standards focused on best in class service and support. Partner with Key Stakeholders and Yelp leadership on emerging workplace trends, and drive alignment with relevant stakeholders.
Requirements & Capabilities
- Skillful real estate negotiator who understands the market and can balance getting the best lease terms while ensuring the facilities energize our culture.
- Knowledge and ability to negotiate tax and government incentives as we expand our real estate portfolio.
- Strong project management skills to guide internal and external teams through design and permitting to construction, furnishing and ongoing maintenance.
- Lead a team that plays well with others throughout the organization including partnering with security, IT, legal, accounting and finance to providing the essential services needed for all groups to thrive.
- Strategic and long-range planning, including managing portfolio to most efficient and best use, engaging and leading both internal and external partners to execute and deliver real estate solutions that support the business’ current and future stages.
- Customer driven focus to ensure all services are provided efficiently and in a business friendly way including moving employees, providing them the best coffee shop experience, stocking our snacks and supplies, to maintaining a clean and happy habitat.
- Incorporates Yelps values of playing well together and being tenacious in verbal and written communications, and employs experience and influence to lead the team and serve the greater organization.
Experience & Qualifications
- 12+ years of global corporate real estate experience with exceptional judgment and strong interpersonal skills to be confident, comfortable, and effective in dealing with employees, senior management, and executive team driving consensus and results.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to influence and partner with key stakeholders across the organization, and a track record of implementing organizational change by fostering collaboration and consensus building.
- Advanced financial, mathematical, and analytical skills
- Fast growing company with multiple locations throughout the world and 5,000+ employees
- Managed a large geographically diverse team
- Strong desire and passion for leading high performing teams and developing talent.
- Proven experience with global portfolio strategy, system implementation, process improvement, vendor management and project execution.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.