Manager, Financial Applications
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Manage and lead the financial systems project and operational support teams (internal audit, support and enhancements) on various projects including process improvement, implementing service level agreements (SLA) and publishing metrics.
- Accountable for the strategic direction, architecture, implementation, operational support, development and maintenance of Yelp’s financial business applications, which include Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Anaplan, Concur and other cross functional systems (Yelp Admin, Salesforce, Workday, Datanart, etc.)
- Perform current state assessment and documents as-is business solutions/technical foundation. Collaborate with vendors on Build vs. Buy decisions on Commerce Platform solutions by conducting capability / solution assessments.
- Responsible for prototyping, experimenting with and simulating potential solutions to ensure their viability. Review and provide sign-off based on functional and technical feasibility.
- Act as technical and functional Ssubject Mmatter expert on Oracle R12 modules (AR, AP, GL, FA, iProcurement, Cash Management, etc.)
- Develop and support ongoing user training to ensure all functional users understand the application capabilities and leverage system capabilities to deliver the optimal user experience.
- Partner with teams as necessary to anticipate executive management reporting needs, and to deliver timely, accurate and insightful management reporting/analysis. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop solutions that accelerate cycle times, alleviate cumbersome manual processes and ensure financial results are accurate.
We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field; MBA and/or CPA a plus.
- 7+ years experience in Financial Systems space
- 3+ years delivering IT-related financial project initiatives.
- Deep accounting and financial systems knowledge and experience with ERP implementations.
- Consistently demonstrated business process and technical leadership by partnering with internal teams as well as key external IT and business partners.
- Excellent documentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or on a team to analyze problems, propose solutions, and manage implementation projects.
- Strong understanding of web based application environments.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.