- Establish a collaborative business relationship between Yelp and SMB (primarily local) agencies and their advertisers.
- Consistently deliver new partner-driven revenue every quarter, exceeding sales targets.
- Lead the partnership and deal-origination process, managing each step from strategy/planning, pipeline development, outreach, implementation, and ongoing growth.
- Create consultative sales presentations to demonstrate how Yelp’s advertising products can be leveraged to connect with consumers.
- Represent Yelp as a spokesperson and evangelist at industry events.
- Contribute to evolving vision of Yelp's advertising partner program.
- Develop and manage partner relationships to ensure over-achievement of assigned goals.
- Identify new agency partnerships which will meet Yelp partner compliance as needed to meet growth expectations.
- Map out agency structure and identify key decision makers, budget owners and the agencies’ decision making process.
- Engage with agencies on an ongoing basis to foster relationships, validate advertisers needs and keep Yelp’s partnership top of mind.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive revenue growth with new customers.
- Come to work each day with a positive attitude and ready to win.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in agency & partner sales, BD or digital sales role
- Experience is preferred with advertising products, APIs, and channel programs across the industry (e.g. Google, Bing, Facebook)
- Demonstrated success in hitting sales goals in a previous position
- Strong network of tech industry contacts, ranging from startups to established brands.
- Influential communication skills in all forms: written, presentations, negotiations, and listening.
- Passion for Yelp’s product, as well as other consumer internet/mobile products.
- Flexible, startup mindset, and ability to operate within a very dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Is self-motivated, a team player and has a strong drive to exceed targets
- Travel as needed
- Guaranteed base salary plus uncapped commission
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays (per year)
- Generous paid parental leave policy
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer matching up to $1,000 your first year and $3,000 in subsequent years
- Employee stock purchase plan
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.