Facilities (Workplace) Supervisor
Yelp, Washington, D.C.
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where You Come In:
- You will support the day-to-day operations in the office ensuring services are provided in an efficient and friendly manner.
- You will manage repairs and maintenance and other work requests, tracking to completion.
- You will be responsible for managing Facilities ticket system, acting upon tickets and closing work order requests.
- You seek to continuously improve processes, systems and overall user satisfaction.
- You are responsible for facility PM schedules.
- You are able to provide direction to vendors and contractors. You will interface with Property Management, including Building Engineering and cleaning staff.
- You can work with all departments in the company to support all company events, set-ups/tear-downs.
- You have the ability to break down, install and repair office furniture.
- You are responsible for conducting periodic or routine inspections of the premise to determine repair work requirements.
- You are able to work from blueprints, drawings or rough sketches. You can respond to building emergencies as needed and be a member of the emergency response team.
- You ensure that the facility is clutter free and organized.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- You have a minimum 5 years of facilities experience preferred.
- You have a good understanding of basic technical aspects of property (IDF, MDF, Critical environments, Mechanical & Electrical) is advantageous.
- You have proven leadership abilities.
- You are proficient with small hand tools.
- You have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- You have excellent people and communication skills.
- You have strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- You have the willingness to take initiative and resolve problems.
- You have the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- You have the ability to be spontaneous and handle last minute tasks.
- You have the ability to work well independently within a fast paced, dynamic, deadline oriented environment.
- You are proficient with GMail, Google Docs, GCal, Microsoft Office and ability to use a Mac.
- You are able to supply world class customer service.
- You have the ability to work at a fast-pace and make on-the-spot decisions while paying attention to detail.
What You’ll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (increases with tenure) and 11 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.