The Right Person will:
- Drive strategic-value while taking care of the basics
- Enjoy interacting at all layers of the organization
- Love solving people problems in practical, simple and scalable ways
- Collaborate across teams to support their clients
- Thrive in a hyper-growth, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
What we need:
- Team player. Works with others to support Yelp’s growth and to deliver multiple services to functional clients with a range of needs.
- Focused and disciplined. Strong organizational skills, great follow through on tasks, able to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Naturally curious. Always seeking to learn more and to improve on/streamline processes and programs
- Relationship builder. Self-aware, strong communicator who works with managers/leaders to establish credibility quickly. Strong consulting skills.
- Fun. Enjoys having fun with other Yelpers; is flexible, resilient, and excited about Yelp’s growth.
- Motivated. Manages challenging issues to closure; helps managers build high-performing teams.
- Resilient. Handles the unexpected. Willing to help out wherever and whenever needed.
- Support Yelp leaders in our San Francisco office and report to head of client-facing HR for San Francisco.
- Partner with HRBP team and clients to deliver a strategic plan that delivers outcomes that addresses organizational and business priorities.
- Partner with your clients to manage and improve key HR business processes (compensation planning, quarterly conversations, performance management, talent management, manager training, development programs, etc).
- Consult with leaders and managers on talent and organization issues and provide guidance and coaching as appropriate.
- Advise leaders and managers on people-related issues and needs; work with them to manage and resolve performance and employee relations issues.
- Onboard/coach/guide new managers in a supportive manner.
- Understand Yelp’s business, values and culture. Use them to guide recommendations and decision-making.
- Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations when needed.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR colleagues to develop actions plans and policies.
- A minimum of 8+ years of relevant HR experience with 5 or more years in a client-facing role. Operating in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of HRBP practices including organization design, talent strategy, performance management, change management and executive relationship building.
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters required.
- A track record of providing HR advice and solutions to senior leaders on employee and organizational issues
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR.
- Knowledge and experience in technology businesses including a familiarity with global HR practices and policies.
- Knowledge of Workday a plus.
- Demonstrated integrity via assertiveness, presence, and confidence. Strong influencing skills with managers and leaders; flexibility needed to be proactive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to make timely, effective, principle-based decisions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; an articulate and persuasive communicator including strong presentation skills; some analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related area preferred.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Jobs You May Like
LePort Montessori Application - Brooklyn, NY
LePort Montessori, Brooklyn, New York
Technical Team Lead
Andela, Lagos, Nigeria
Middle School History Co-Teacher (Available 2018-2019)
Public Preparatory Network, New York, NY or Bronx, NY
HR Operations Coordinator
LimeBike, San Francisco/Redwood City
Chief of Staff
Conductor, New York, New York
Director of HR
Feedvisor, New York, NY