Project Manager - Financial Applications
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Manage the project portfolio for all Finance and Accounting projects/enhancements and maintain status of project health across all projects to ensure they are delivered timely, within scope, and within budget.
- Develop and maintain project plans and project status documents including scope, deliverables, approach, timelines, resource plans, cost, governance and update accordingly to meet changing business needs and requirements.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with leadership, business stakeholders, and third-party/vendors, and effectively communicate overall project health.
- Identify, manage and address any risks/issues/impediments that could impact project scope or timelines, as appropriate.
- Track project status and regularly present to business stakeholders, management, and leadership. This includes reporting and escalating any risks, major issues or blockers to management and leadership as needed.
- Assist with resource allocation needed per project task and assign individual project responsibilities as necessary.
- Drive continuous improvement of project management strategies and methodologies within the FinSys team.
- Report directly to the Financial Applications Delivery Lead.
We Are Looking For:
- 5-7 years relevant Project Management industry experience leading and managing financial application projects, including end to end implementation projects, required.
- Experience and exposure to diverse technologies, cultures, and business operations. Good technical understanding and business knowledge in Quote to Cash (Q2C), Procure to Pay (P2P), and Record to Revenue (R2R) business processes.
- Proven working experience as a Project Manager within the IT Financial Applications space, especially in project planning, risk management, and capacity planning.
- A thorough understanding of the phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to work with a fast paced and agile team focused on strong execution.
- Aptitude for quickly ramping up on new technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills for client facing with internal and external business partners.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and leadership.
- Ability to work with deadlines and learn quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with Finance and Accounting functions and systems preferred.
- PMP, PMI certification or equivalent preferred.
- The desire to work with a truly dynamic and exciting team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with specialization in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Business or other computer related disciplines with experience in financial principles.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Special Projects (China focus)
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Merchant Success Manager - Southeast
DoorDash, Atlanta, Georgia
Appeals and Grievances Specialist (Guide)
Devoted Health, Waltham, MA
Account Strategist - Australia
Insider, Sydney, Australia
Wellness Nurse Practitioner
OurHealth, Philadelphia, PA