Director of Total Rewards
Yelp, Remote, Remote, United States
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where you come in:
- You will build and drive the strategic design and execution of the company’s global compensation, equity, and benefits programs in line with financial goals and cultural norms.
- You will oversee the creation and integration of policies and procedures to ensure global compliance and the achievement of equitable and competitive employee total cash and equity compensation.
- You will oversee the company’s global benefits programs including health, welfare and retirement programs, ensuring compliance and cost competitiveness.
- You will oversee the 401(k) Investment Committee agenda and meetings.
- You will establish and measure key compensation and benefit program metrics. Regularly benchmark company programs and monitor external trends in order to proactively adjust company plans and programs to ensure market competitiveness.
- You will build deep and trusted partnerships with senior leaders and people team leaders across Yelp.
- You will lead annual strategic planning, in partnership with Finance, on company-wide rewards programs and budgets.
- You will provide ongoing mentorship, training and development to the rewards team.
- You will play a key role in the creation of materials for Compensation Committee meetings.
- You will work with the independent consultant for the Compensation Committee, along with the head of People Operations, to drive annual recommendations for Executive Compensation, outside Director Compensation, and other analysis requested by the Committee.
- You will develop and maintain effective communication strategies to drive employee awareness and understanding of all compensation and benefit programs.
What it takes to succeed:
- You have 10+ years of Total Rewards leadership experience at public, multinational high-tech companies.
- You have a strong track record building, leading and mentoring a diverse and high performing team.
- You have excellent business acumen, strong strategic planning and analytic skills.
- You have experience working and leading cross-functionally in a high growth business environment.
- You have the ability to develop effective relationships at all levels of the organization and inspire trust and confidence both internally and externally.
- You have a growth mindset, sense of curiosity and dedication to the team’s success.
- You have the ability to leverage data to make recommendations and decisions.
- You have the ability to exercise good judgment and discretion; maintain confidentiality.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong executive presence.
- You have strong attention to detail, organization and the highest standards for accuracy and precision.
- You have the ability to manage effectively with ambiguity, manage multiple projects through completion on time and on budget and to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.
- MBA and/or JD preferred.
What you'll get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.