Product Manager - Local Biz (Remote)
Yelp, Remote, Remote, Canada
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where You Come In:
- Listen to customer wants and needs, translate into product ideas, and prioritize product ideas based on the business metrics impact and company revenue.
- Develop a product roadmap for your engineering team, and write functional product requirements for UI/UX Designers and Engineers.
- Work closely with UI/UX Designers and Engineers to develop product features, and stay on-top of execution and deliver good quality user-friendly product features.
- Run A/B experiments on new product features, in collaboration with Data science to justify the experiments and make ship/no ship decisions on new product features.
- Dig into data, in collaboration with Biz Ops, question the data and analyse segmentation to find patterns and make business decisions and product areas to invest.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to drive top funnel traffic such as email, push notification, in product message, performance marketing etc.
- Communicate with the go-to-market team and many stakeholders across different parts of the organization about important updates about your products.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have 3+ years of product management experience. Experience of working with small business owners; Growth and monetization experience is a plus.
- Customer obsession: you genuinely care for our customers and know their needs the best, and translate customers wants and needs into concrete product features
- You’re energized by driving revenue growth, you are business savvy and metrics driven to make the right product investment decision.
- Cross-functional: this role is highly cross functional where you will work very closely with the Engineering team, Marketing team, Design team, Biz Ops team, Data Science, Go to market team, etc. You will drive your projects and influence the roadmap of other cross functional teams.
- Problem solver: connect the dots, make sense of data, and offer creative solutions to unblock the team to execute. You thrive in ambiguity and lead the team to clarity.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate with many stakeholders across different parts of the organization. You’ll need to go into a meeting discussing what to build, acquisition strategies, and back with data and analysis.
- A balance between strategic thinking and attention to details.
- Excellent in execution: you make things happen.
- Solid understanding of how to grow metrics and lots of practice running A/B tests.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
See jobs at Bluecore