Applied Scientist - Inference and Metrics (Remote)
Yelp, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where You Come In:
- Identify and own challenging problems, form testable hypotheses, and drive significant business impact.
- Lead the design and analysis of experiments or development of causal and predictive models to test your ideas.
- Collaborate with product and engineering to affect changes in production systems and provide intelligence to other teams.
- Communicate your conclusions to technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Keep the team and our projects current on new developments in ML and statistics by reading papers and attending conferences and local events.
- Productionize and automate model pipelines within Python services.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Experience with data analysis/statistical software and packages (pandas/statsmodels/sklearn within Python, R, etc.).
- Experience with predictive modeling/machine learning, forecasting, or causal inference.
- Ideally a degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Applied Math, etc., or equivalent experience.
- A love for writing beautiful code; you don’t need to be an expert, but experience is a plus and we’ll empower you to learn on the job.
- A demonstrated capability for original research, the curiosity to uncover promising solutions to new problems, and the persistence to carry your ideas through to an end goal.
- The motivation to develop deep product and business knowledge and to connect abstract modeling and analysis tasks with business value.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.