Software Engineer - Frontend (m/f/d) - remote
Yelp, Remote, Remote, Germany
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where You Come In:
- Design and build maintainable & scalable web systems to support experimentation and product analytics for our full stack engineers and Product managers.
- Own engineering projects from design to implementation to deployment and maintenance.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end.
- Promote cross-team awareness to optimize code-sharing and decrease time to market.
- Help establish roadmaps and architecture based on Yelp’s needs.
- Write clear and concise technical documentation on system designs and implementation.
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
- Collaborate closely with product and design for solutions tailored to the needs of our users
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Based or willing to relocate within Germany
- You’re not afraid to touch or learn backend stacks and technologies like Python, NodeJS, GraphQL and REST-based APIs
- Intuition for usability and UI design, with an ability to balance polish with the constraints of timing and scope.
- Competency in evaluating open source and in-house software solutions, figuring out their trade-offs, and deciding on the right tool for the job.
- Comfortable with modern tooling such as Webpack, Babel, Jest, Enzyme.
- Comfortable working with large existing code bases within Linux and macOS environments..
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to own projects from scoping to implementation.
- Being able to adapt to changing needs of the business and ability to craft solutions that solve complex business problems.
- Comfortable working closely with our design team and a component based front-end architecture
- Experience making incremental changes to large code bases.
- Several years of relevant industry experience.
What We Offer:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe
- €50 per month toward any exercise of your choice
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Help the world share their story