Partnerships Growth Manager/Director
Yelp, Remote, Remote, United States
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where you come in:
- Grow existing revenue-generating partnerships that advance Yelp Knowledge’s mission of enabling strategic insight for local businesses.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior execs from leading Internet, mobile and social media platform companies.
- Learn the overall partnership and deal process, managing all core post-deal signing processes, such as co-marketing, technical integration and new growth strategies.
- Be both partner and product-driven, developing strong relationships with external partners, but also with our internal product and engineering teams.
- Develop strong working relationships across other Yelp departments, including sales, ops, legal, finance, and PR.
- Manage relationships with large numbers of partners in scalable ways, driving value for Yelp’s 86 million mobile users and bringing Yelp’s 100 million reviews to other products and platforms.
- Represent Yelp as a spokesperson and evangelist at industry events.
- Manage internal partnership dashboards and be a master at tracking business goals and understanding our business metrics in detail.
- Consistently deliver positive results by growing existing revenue partners each quarter with an eye towards signing new partners down the road.
What it takes to succeed:
- Work Experience: Minimum 5+ years experience in business development, strategic sales, consulting or finance.
- Relationship building skills: Yelp strives to develop long-term, highly engaged partners that want to grow together. The right candidate will enjoy and thrive at building strong relationships internally and externally.
- Analytical experience: Analytical skills grounded in strong business/finance fundamentals (MBA, JD or comparable experience -- e.g. top 5 consulting firm, investment banking, finance, corp dev, VC, etc).
- Strong excel / Google spreadsheet skills and willingness to learn MySQL and data query techniques.
- Attention-to-detail to maintain credibility with both internal and external stakeholders, both in numerical analysis and in partnership agreement work.
- Product credibility: ability to work productively with product and engineering teams (prior product/engineering experience is ideal).
- Attitude: Strong self-starter and self-motivated learner, who is tenacious and persistent. Knows when to push but also when to observe and listen. The Biz Dev team is an elite, high performing team and we expect that qualified individuals strive for excellence in everything they do.
- Communication: Influencing skills in all forms: written, presentations and negotiations.
- Passion: Must love Yelps products, as well as other consumer internet/mobile products.
- Some travel: Roughly once a quarter when the company begins traveling again.
What you'll get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.