Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Yelp, Remote, Remote, United States
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where you come in:
- Develop and own Yelp’s corporate communications objectives and strategy, including company news, business momentum, executive communications, etc.
- Work with senior leaders across the company, including C-level executives, to define and refine our corporate narrative and to leverage opportunities to tell our story.
- Lead and execute PR for a range of corporate affairs initiatives across financial, policy, and workplace communications, as well as issues management.
- Partner with investor relations and legal teams to communicate quarterly earnings and annual reporting, including preparing key messages, materials, and managing media relations.
- Ensure compliance with SEC regulations on matters related to external communications and public relations.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business and financial media, and develop and pitch stories that communicate and reinforce Yelp’s corporate narrative.
- Respond to in-bound press inquiries on a range of corporate issues, draft messaging and statements, and provide background information to help reporters understand critical aspects of a story.
- Prepare communications materials including messaging and talking points, statements, pitches, press releases, blog posts, and presentations.
- Prepare, media train, and staff executives and other spokespeople for press interviews, as well as speaking engagements.
- Maintain a strong network of business partners across various teams throughout Yelp. This role works closely with internal stakeholders across investor relations, finance, legal, people, internal comms, policy and other departments.
- 10+ years in a corporate communications role, at a publicly traded company and/or strategic communications firm supporting publicly traded clients; Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience developing strategic corporate communications campaigns and driving cross-functional initiatives with internal and external stakeholders.
- Business acumen and fluency in the fundamentals of financial communications, including an understanding of financial performance measures, as well as SEC regulatory requirements.
- Self-possessed communicator who can effectively and diplomatically advance a position with executives and key stakeholders.
- Track record of landing high-impact feature stories with top-tier press — you know how to build a story with the right ingredients and how to ensure an accurate and positive outcome.
- Strategic thinker, results-driven and self-motivated — you know what outcomes you’re aiming for, how to achieve them, and how to measure success.
- Strong relationships with business media, and sound judgement while managing stories with reporters on-the-record, off-the-record and on-background.
- Agility and grace under pressure — you can quickly ramp-up on an issue or respond to a crisis, while juggling multiple deliverables in a deadline driven environment.
- Effective, clear and meticulous writing skills with obsessive attention to detail, whether it’s a press release, reactive statement, messaging, pitch, script or blog post.
- People management experience preferred.
What you'll get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
The social news and entertainment company.