Learning and Development Specialist (Remote)
Yelp, Remote, Remote, United States
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where you come in:
- Develop, facilitate and deploy courses, programs, and resources to Yelp employees company-wide.
- Plan, manage and facilitate learning courses in a virtual setting for Yelp leaders and individual contributors.
- Collaborate and consult with business SMEs to determine effective training solutions to address development needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects with quick deadlines.
- Take initiative, work on your own, and be innovative and creative with course design and facilitation.
- Be teamwork oriented with demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Maintain records of training and schedule through the LMS (Exceed).
- Facilitate engaging presentations that contribute to business impact.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning solutions for business impact and scalability.
- Stay current with L&D Industry trends and best practices to elevate learning offerings.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with department leadership and HR support teams.
- Conduct ongoing needs analysis and tactfully identifying opportunities for process improvements supported by comprehensive and achievable plans for implementation.
- Constantly think of new ways to improve all things talent; including but not limited to the employee experience, key talent management practices, career development, leadership development, continuous learning, performance management.
What it takes to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+ years experience with training facilitation and design with leaders and individual contributors
- Strong presentation skills to engage participants
- The drive to be results oriented to accomplish goals, meet deadlines, and find solutions
- Proven ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels within the organization, including senior management
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (Exceed) is a plus
What you'll get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
The social news and entertainment company.