Software Engineer - Application Backend (Remote)
Yelp, Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where You Come In:
- Build new features on top of our Service-Oriented Architecture
- Iterate quickly using Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment principles
- Articulate a technical vision and execute it
- Give back by mentoring other engineers and sharing the skills you learn
What It Takes to Succeed:
- Based or willing to relocate in the United Kingdom
- Relevant industry experience
- An understanding of and interest in elegant API designs
- Relevant experience in at least one programming language: Python, C, Java, Go, Rust, etc.
- A craving for new knowledge and challenges
What You’ll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially (rising to 29 with service), plus one floating holiday
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences
- £58 per month toward any wellness activity of your choice
- Quarterly team offsites
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.