Want to join a remote team where your work makes a significant impact? Yelp is the richest source of local data in the world, and we get to build all that content into location-aware mobile apps. With average build times under a minute, full Kotlin adoption and a state-of-the-art architecture, the Yelp Android team thrives by staying ahead of the curve of the demanding Android world. Be creative, build prototypes, experiment, and ship them to millions of users. Come take our Yelp Android experience to the next level.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity, and encourages creative solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This opportunity is fully remote and does not require you to be located in the Toronto area. We welcome applicants from throughout Alberta.
Where You Come In:
- Build new features in Kotlin on top of modern open source foundations (RxJava2, Retrofit, Glide, Koin, etc.).
- Iterate quickly (weekly release cycle, Multi-Module build) on existing functionality to reliably give our users a smooth experience.
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
- Be a key part of the larger Android developer community at Yelp.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Ideally 2 years of relevant industry experience.
- Insistent on a consistent and responsive user experience.
- Eager to embrace challenges with scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Passion for Yelp and its mission to connect people with great local businesses.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.