Software Engineer - Machine Learning (Remote)
Yelp, Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where You Come In:
- Conduct end-to-end analyses, from wrangling data via SQL or Python, to statistical modeling, to hypothesizing and presenting business ideas.
- Work with large, complex datasets.
- Lead the development of machine learned models for offline, batch-based data products as well as models deployed to online, real-time services.
- Work in areas such as search, ads targeting, spam, and photo understanding.
- Productionize and automate model pipelines within Python services.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Experience with data ETL and data analysis packages and workflows (SQL, MapReduce, Spark, etc.).
- Experience with machine learning using packages such as xgboost, sklearn, TensorFlow, etc.
- A love for writing beautiful and maintainable code.
- The curiosity to uncover promising solutions to new problems, and the persistence to carry your ideas through to an end goal.
- Comfort in using a Unix environment.
- If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially, rising to 29 with service
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe and the US
- £58 per month toward any exercise of your choice
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Sweat in good company