Ready to take your remote engineering career to the next level? Yelp Engineering is filled with creative minds, collaborative teams & experienced coders.
Our team owns the business detail page, which helps connect users to local business by sharing relevant information like photos, popular dishes, reviews, and more. We own the complete flow of information from the mobile API and GraphQL endpoints to the client side views for iOS, Android and Web. We work on adding features to the business page as well as keeping the platform infrastructure in place to support the many other features on the page (like delivery and ordering, etc). Our team works in conjunction with other user experience, data, backend and infrastructure teams to provide a great user experience. In this role, you will work closely with engineers on the team, product managers, and stakeholders to facilitate smooth operation of the team's projects.
Successful Managers are passionate about Yelp, keep up with our daily release cycles, and maintain our useful, funny, cool culture during times of immense growth. It also doesn't hurt to have strong technical skills.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Please note that This opportunity is fully remote throughout the province listed in the application.
Where You Come In:
- Drive the technical and strategic vision for the teams roadmap
- Build relationships and collaborate with stakeholders including product managers, engineering managers in the development and execution of the Core Experience roadmap
- Coach, provide timely and actionable feedback as well as mentor engineers of all experience levels to ensure career development and projects alignment with career goals
- Participate in the hiring process and help attract top talents
- You will foster and grow a fun, diverse and inclusive culture that reflects Yelp’s values.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Previous experience as a manager with excellent people management skills and the ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers
- Experience in front end development (mobile and/or web development)Keen eye for good UX, experience in application backend development
- Experience managing a cross-platform team
- Experience working with numerous stakeholder teams
- Agile development experience
- You are comfortable working in a Unix environment
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.