Community Ambassador - Chattanooga
Yelp, Chattanooga, TN
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where You Come In:
- You will plan virtual (and eventually in-person) events!
- You will connect with Yelpers and business owners via all social media channels (and of course, Yelp)
- You will partner with exciting local events and organizations.
- You will act as the online moderator and voice of Yelp in your community.
- You will support the local Elite Squad.
- You will assist with the Local Yelp newsletter
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You reside in Chattanooga, TN and consider yourself a local expert.
- You are passionate about event planning, social media, and PR? You are someone who has fire in the belly. Walks through walls. Takes no prisoners. In a word: driven. Even when no one is watching. Especially then.
- You are a social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. The fun one. Diplomatic, too.
- You live to write; write to live. You know who you are... pencils down!
- Time management is your middle name and your ambition does push-ups while you sleep.
- You thrive when you’re in control of your own schedule.
- You can’t put a price on punctuality; being late is your biggest pet peeve.
- You must be able to work a flexible 15-19 hours per week.
- You must currently reside in Chattanooga, TN and have reliable transportation options, and be 21+.
- You will not be restricted to working only for Yelp but may not qualify if you are a business owner, closely affiliated with a business owner (think spouse, general manager, social media manager, partner, etc.), or work for one of our competitors because they present conflicts of interest.
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this role. Exceptions are made only where legally required.
Ready to apply? Submit the following (all required):
- Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills, general personality and style.
- Resume highlighting your relevant experience.
- A link to your Yelp profile.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Tech Jobs For You
Head of Consumer Financial Products Marketing
Gusto, Denver, CO; New York City, NY; San Francisco, CA