Engineering Manager - Ad Market Performance (Remote)
Yelp, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where You Come In:
- Manage a team of engineers focused on building data infrastructure for our ad products
- Help the team stay happy and productive by removing obstacles and optimizing team processes
- Coach and mentor engineers of all experience levels, from entry-level to senior
- Collaborate with other engineering teams and product managers to help define the technical vision
- Participate in the hiring process, from scouting potential candidates to interviewing and helping close new hires
- Scale infrastructure to meet demand while keeping an eye on cost efficiency
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and debug/tune/code/fix alongside your teamDrive (and teach) technical incident response
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Previous experience as a manager, with the empathy and communication skills to match
- A. “people first” approach and a deep care for healthy team culture
- Experience with big data processing and building large scale distributed systems
- Experience working with technologies such as Spark, Flink, Redshift, and Cassandra
- An understanding of how to achieve high availability, fault tolerance, performance, and disaster recovery
- Experience using cloud computing services (AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, C++, etc.
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially (rising to 29 with service), plus one floating holiday
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences
- £58 per month toward any wellness activity of your choice
- Quarterly team offsites
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.