Engineering Manager - Ad Syndication (Remote)
Yelp, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where You Come In:
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of engineers of all experience levels and develop the overall ability of the team.
- Partner closely with product managers, business analysts, data scientists, and members of Yelp’s executive team to create strategies that deliver revenue growth for Yelp.
- Collaborate with the team to craft a technical vision and help get it there.
- Help the team stay motivated and productive by removing obstacles and optimizing team processes.
- Participate in the recruiting process to help grow our team, from scouting potential candidates to interviewing and helping close new hires.
- Foster and build a fun, diverse, and inclusive culture that reflects Yelp’s values.
What It Takes To Succeed:
- Passionate about growing early stage business products.
- Previous experience as a manager with a “people-first” approach; maintaining an inclusive team culture is your priority, and you lead through empathy.
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into simple ideas depending on the audience.
- Experience with building highly available, scalable, extendable, and maintainable backend systems.
- Be comfortable with your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, Objective-C, Swift, C++, etc.
- Experience in ad tech/programmatic domain areas is a plus.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world