Engineering Manager - Ads Marketplace
Yelp, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where You Come In:
- Lead a team of engineers of all experience levels, coaching and mentoring them to grow and develop the overall ability of the team
- Help the team stay happy and productive by removing obstacles and optimizing team processes
- Work with the team to craft a vision and help get it there
- Partner closely with product managers, business analysts, data scientists, and members of Yelp’s executive team to deliver revenue growth for Yelp
- Participate in the recruiting process to help grow our team, from scouting potential candidates to interviewing and helping close new hires
- Foster and build a fun, diverse, and inclusive culture that reflects Yelp’s values
What It Takes To Succeed:
- Previous experience as a technical lead or manager with the empathy and communication skills to match
- You take a “people first” approach and a deep care for healthy team culture
- Previous experience with building highly available, scalable, extendable, and maintainable systems
- You think strategically, balancing near term product benefits with longer term research/infrastructure investments
- Background or deep interest in economics, math, statistics, or ad tech
- You are comfortable in your favourite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, Objective-C, Swift, C++, etc.
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially (rising to 29 with service), plus one floating holiday
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences
- £58 per month toward any wellness activity of your choice
- Quarterly team offsites
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Tech Jobs For You
Software Developer, Frontend
Hootsuite, Bucharest, Romania, Iasi, Romania, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, ...