We Are Looking For:
- BA/BS degree and 3+ years of experience as a data scientist, or MS/PhD and 2+ years of industry experience in a quantitative role.
- Fluency with SQL and Python or R for data analysis.
- Solid understanding of statistical inference, experimental design and analysis.
- Enthusiasm for clean code and sharing reproducible results.
- Communication skills to work with partners on engineering, product and business teams.
- An eye for great data visualization with Matplotlib, Plotly, ggplot, or Tableau.
What You Will Do:
- Define key metrics to track Yelp’s performance and inform product decisions.
- Assess and frame questions from partners into actionable deliverables.
- Design, execute, and analyze complex experiments impacting millions of users.
- Devise and evaluate models for diverse business needs, such as identifying growth opportunities, personalizing user experience, and matching consumers to businesses.
- Own analyses start-to-finish and communicate key insights to stakeholders.
- Share your technical skills to develop and maintain high-quality, reusable analysis tools.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Commercial Operations Analyst
Flexport, San Francisco, CA
Associate Scientist, Cellular Immunotherapy, TCR
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA
Consumer Insights Analyst
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Data Scientist - Machine Learning, Risk (China)
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Senior Product Manager - Data
Teads, Chicago, Illinois