What You Will Do:
- Be curious, and understand the stack that uses Yelp’s databases.
- Use your expertise in both hardware and cloud environments to tune and push databases beyond their normal limits.
- Work closely with developers on database choice, schema design, and query tuning.
- Automate away tedious repetitive tasks.
- Document system design and procedures.
- Participate in light on-call rotation.
We Are Looking For:
- Deep understanding of MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, or similar NoSQL datastores.
- Solid systems administration and automation skills.
- Strong command of your favorite scripting and/or programming language.
- Yelp mostly uses bash and python, but we try to treat all Turing Complete languages equally.
- Ability to collaborate and share ideas with other teams.
- Database internals/debugging/tuning experience, and hankering to do more.
- Experience at a large-scale consumer internet site.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit http://www.yelp.com
Jobs You May Like
Senior DevOps Engineer
Vungle, San Francisco
Senior Software Developer
Software Engineering Manager, Data Platform
Lyft, Seattle, WA
Mobile Engineer, Android
MLB Advanced Media, New York, NY or Boulder, CO
VP of Engineering
moovel North America, Portland, OR
Principal Architect, Platform
MuleSoft, San Francisco