What You Will Do:
- Be curious, and understand the stack that uses Yelp’s databases.
- Use your expertise in both hardware and cloud environments to tune and push databases beyond their normal limits.
- Work closely with developers on database choice, schema design, and query tuning.
- Automate away tedious repetitive tasks.
- Document system design and procedures.
- Participate in light on-call rotation.
We Are Looking For:
- Deep understanding of MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, or similar NoSQL datastores.
- Solid systems administration and automation skills.
- Strong command of your favorite scripting and/or programming language.
- Yelp mostly uses bash and python, but we try to treat all Turing Complete languages equally.
- Ability to collaborate and share ideas with other teams.
- At least one year of full-time working experience (besides internships). If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
- Database internals/debugging/tuning experience, and hankering to do more.
- Experience at a large-scale consumer internet site.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Versus Systems, Los Angeles, CA
Engineering Manager, Customer Solutions
Amperity, Seattle, WA
Software Engineer - Tools
Twitch, Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA
Back End Software Engineer, Home
Essential Products, Palo Alto, CA
Robinhood, Palo Alto
SimilarWeb, Tel Aviv-Yafo