Engineering Manager - Site Reliability (SRE)
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Manage complex technical projects and a team of SREs.
- Monitor site stability and performance.
- Scale infrastructure to meet demand.
- Roll up your sleeves and debug/tune/code/fix alongside your team.
- Provide frequent and constructive feedback.
- Coach and mentor junior and new college graduates.
- Participate in the hiring process.
We Are Looking For:
- Previous experience as a technical lead or manager.
- Mastery of Linux or Unix.
- Command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, C++, etc.
- Experience of configuration management: Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt.
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Experience with web server configuration, monitoring, trending, network design, high availability.
- Excellent communication skills.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit http://www.yelp.com
Jobs You May Like
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Lead Software Engineer - Backend
Spring, Headquarters - NYC
Senior Security Engineer
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Systems Engineer-Commerce Operations
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Device Partner Tools
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Sr. Front End Engineer (Contract)
PlayStation, Los Angeles, CA