What You Will Do:
- Define clear roles and responsibilities for a fast growing team of 20+ designers.
- Enable the team to translate Yelp’s product strategy into effective designs.
- Promote team development by establishing objectives, providing feedback and defining career growth milestones.
- Lead recruiting of top design talent.
- Evangelize and advocate design goals to stakeholders across product management, engineering and data science.
- Facilitate the development and adoption of design standards and principles across the company.
We Are Looking For:
- A passion for Yelp and our mission of connecting people to great local businesses.
- A leader who can make meaningful contributions at the creative, managerial and operational level.
- An individual who unifies design voice and enables creative talent, empowering their team to make ideas a reality within a rapidly evolving product.
- A desire to build a positive, inclusive, and accountable culture.
- Ability to foster collaboration between groups and develop scalable processes while balancing quick decision-making with long-term objectives.
- 3+ years experience managing design managers.
- 7+ years of product design experience with a strong portfolio of work.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.