Product Manager - Ads - Targeting, Delivery, and Data Mining
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Work with our all-star engineering team to implement and roll out new paid products and features - examples include building new targeting or delivery capabilities for our advertisers, working with our sales teams and machine learning engineers to craft which businesses we sell to, or working on a new way of modeling relevance into our ad system
- You’ll be working closely with engineering teams that are deep into machine learning and infrastructure, working on some of the most critical and data-driven parts of the business
- Communicate roadmaps and feature releases to executive, sales, business marketing, and other stakeholders at Yelp
- Manage the analyze/build/test/release process end-to-end
- Identify, analyze, and prioritize new features and issues
We Are Looking For:
- Experience working with engineering and/or data teams for 2+ years.
- Experience within the ads industry is a huge plus
- Excellent data mining and/or analytical skills
- We expect you to be steeped in your products data sources and metrics.
- We expect you to roll up your sleeves and be comfortable access and querying our logs and data warehouses
- User empathy: Sure, you’re trying to figure out where next to apply a gradient boosted model - but you understand that you’re building products for non-technical users and business owners
- A passion for daily release cycle!
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.