Senior-Level Software Engineer - Web (Biz Growth Team)
Yelp, Hamburg, Germany
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Design and document new systems.
- Lead cross-platform projects.
- Run experiments and analyze the resulting data.
- Constantly improve the monitoring and alerting of our services.
- Mentor interns or newly-hired engineers.
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us tackle brand new challenges.
Technologies We Use:
- Python and popular Python libraries/ tools (e.g., SQLAlchemy, Pylint, tox, PyPI).
- Testing: testify, py.test, Selenium WebDriver.
- API: Swagger, Zipkin.
- Monitoring: Sensu, SignalFX, Splunk.
- DB: MySQL, Cassandra.
We Are Looking For:
- A strong team player who is always looking to improve their skills.
- In-depth command of your favorite scripting and/or programming language.
- Deep understanding of at least one popular server-side MVC framework (Django, Twisted, Rails, Pyramid, CodeIgniter, Play, etc.).
- Understanding of web security best practices.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- Bonus: Participation in FOSS and interest in public speaking.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit http://www.yelp.com
Jobs You May Like
Big Data Architect (Toronto)
Wish, Toronto, Canada
Cloud Consultant (m/f)
Getaround, Los Angeles
Grad to Gridder Bootcamp Associate - Product Design
Data Protection Analyst
Senior Software Engineer - PlayStation Vue
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA