Senior-Level Software Engineer - Web
Yelp, Hamburg, Germany
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Design and document new systems.
- Lead cross-platform projects.
- Run experiments and analyze the resulting data.
- Constantly improve the monitoring and alerting of our services.
- Mentor interns or newly-hired engineers.
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us take on brand new challenges.
Technologies We Use:
- Python and popular Python libraries/ tools (e.g., SQLAlchemy, Pylint, tox, PyPI).
- Testing: testify, py.test, Selenium WebDriver.
- API: Swagger, Zipkin.
- Monitoring: Sensu, SignalFX, Splunk.
- DB: MySQL, Cassandra.
We Are Looking For:
- A strong team player who is always looking to improve their skills.
- In-depth command of your favorite scripting and/or programming language.
- Deep understanding of at least one popular server-side MVC framework (Django, Twisted, Rails, Pyramid, CodeIgniter, Play, etc.).
- Understanding of web security best practices.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- Bonus: Participation in FOSS and interest in public speaking.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Engineer, Stream Platform
Pinterest, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineer - Front-End Engineering
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Software Engineer, iOS
LimeBike, San Mateo, CA
iOS Engineer (CloverGO)
Solutions Architect, East Region
MuleSoft, New York City, New Jersey, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington D.C, Remote