Where You Come In:
- You will work closely with developers in supporting new features and services
- You will build tools to monitor site stability and performance
- You will help scale our AWS-based infrastructure (no racking servers or swapping hard drives here!)
- You will troubleshoot site issues using industry-leading tools like Splunk and SignalFX
- You will automate everything with Puppet, Git, Jenkins, and Terraform
- You will develop custom tools when off-the-shelf solutions don’t work at our scale and contribute upstream to open source projects
- You will design new systems, tests, and procedures
- You will participate in light on-call rotations - we have geographically distributed SRE teams for follow-the-sun support, which means no 2:00 AM pages!
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have a mastery of Linux (we use Ubuntu but any distro is fine)
- You can command of your favourite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Go, Rust, Java, C++, etc.
- You've got a solid understanding of fundamental technologies like TCP/IP, HTTP, and DNS
- You have knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
- You have had experience with web server configuration (Apache/Nginx/HAproxy), monitoring, trending, and high availability
- You've got strong scripting and automation skills
- You have expertise in Configuration Management (Puppet/Ansible/Chef/etc.)
- You have experience with public cloud platforms (we use AWS, but Azure/GCP are fine) and related tooling (Terraform, etc.)
- You have experience with Docker or other container technologies
- You have excellent communication and documentation skills
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially, rising to 29 with service
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Thursdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe and the US
- Public transportation season ticket loan and £50 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Monthly personal development allowance
- Central location, a fully stocked kitchen, adjustable sitting/standing desks, quarterly offsites, locally roasted coffee, happy hours, and more!
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.