What You Will Do:
- Work closely with developers in supporting new features and services
- Build tools to monitor site stability and performance
- Help scale our AWS-based infrastructure (no racking servers or swapping hard drives here!)
- Work with our open source platform as a service, PaaSTA
- Troubleshoot site issues using industry-leading tools like Splunk and SignalFX
- Automate everything with Puppet, Git, Jenkins, and Terraform
- Develop custom tools when off-the-shelf solutions don’t work at our scale and contribute upstream to open source projects
- Design new systems, tests, and procedures
- Participate in light on-call rotations - we have geographically distributed SRE teams for follow-the-sun support, which means no 2:00 AM pages!
What We Are Looking For:
- Mastery of Linux (we use Ubuntu)
- Command of your favourite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Go, Rust, Java, C++, etc.
- Solid understanding of fundamental technologies like TCP/IP, HTTP, and DNS
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
- Experience with web server configuration (Apache/Nginx/HAproxy), monitoring, trending, network design, and high availability
- Strong scripting and automation skills
- Expertise in Configuration Management (Puppet/Ansible/Chef/etc.)
- Experience with public cloud platforms (we use AWS, but Azure/GCP are fine) and related tooling (Terraform, etc.)
- Experience with Docker or other container technologies
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer II - Graph
BounceX, New York
Sr. Full Stack Engineer
Origami Logic, Mountain View
Senior Software Engineer - Application Security
Senior Product Designer - UX/UI (Pivotal Labs)
Pivotal Software, Tokyo
Twilio, Tallinn, Estonia
Principal Infrastructure/Cloud/DevOps Technologist