Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with developers in supporting new features and services.
- Monitor site stability and performance.
- Scale infrastructure to meet demand.
- Troubleshoot site issues.
- Develop custom tools as necessary.
- Document system design and procedures.
- Participate in light on-call rotation.
We Are Looking For:
- Mastery of Linux or Unix.
- Command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, C++, etc.
- Proficiency with configuration management tools like puppet, chef, ansible, etc.
- Solid understanding of fundamental networking technologies.
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Experience with web server configuration, monitoring, trending, network design, high availability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A sense of humor!
- At least one year of full-time working experience (besides internships). If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
- Past experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or replicated other databases (high availability, scale-out replication).
- Advanced knowledge of network design, management of Juniper network equipment, or BGP.
- Experience at a large-scale consumer internet site.
- Ubuntu distribution familiarity.
- Deep understanding of the Python runtime and ecosystem.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.