Software Engineer - Android (Messaging Team)
Yelp, Hamburg, Germany
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Build an amazing business-to-consumer messaging experience.
- Insist on a consistent and responsive user experience for every one of our users.
- Mentor other engineers who are learning to wrangle Androids.
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us tackle brand new challenges.
- Be a key part of the larger Android developer community at Yelp.
- Work closely with teams at Yelp’s San Francisco headquarters
We Are Looking For:
- Mastery of the Android platform.
- Strong experience with test-driven development.
- Eagerness to embrace scalability, reliability, and performance challenges.
- Familiarity with client/server and API tech stacks.
- Pointers to past mobile applications you’ve built.
- If possible, demonstrable contribution to F/OSS projects.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit http://www.yelp.com
Jobs You May Like
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Software Engineer - Backend (Search, Ads, Metrics)
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Full Stack Engineer
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Senior Software Engineer in Test
Evernote, Redwood City, CA
Software Engineer in Test
Dataminr, New York
Software Engineer II-Commerce Platform
PlayStation, San Diego, CA