Software Engineer - Application Backend
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Connecting people with great local businesses
We Are Looking For:
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Deep understanding of and interest in elegant API designs.
- Mastery of at least one programming language - Python, Objective-C, Java, etc.
- Proven SQL knowledge.
- Experience working in a test-driven development environment.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- A craving for new knowledge and challenges
- If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
- Familiarity with mobile and web development.
- Love of Python.
- Excitement about the challenges of internationalization, scalability, and performance.
- Active contributor to open source software.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Distributed Systems Engineer - Data
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Principal Computer Vision Software Engineer
Velodyne, San Jose
Slack, New York City
Lead Audio Signal Processing Engineer, Capture-analysis
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Senior Salesforce Engineer - Quote to Cash Specialist
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Senior Software Engineer - Advanced Automation
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA