Software Engineer - Core Android
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Innovate, design, and implement new tools and systems that will improve the development process for dozens of Android engineers.
- Think about the holistic health, structure, and performance of our Android applications and find ways to improve them.
- Mentor other engineers who are learning to wrangle Androids.
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us tackle brand new challenges.
- Be a key part of the larger Android developer community at Yelp.
We Are Looking For:
- Mastery of the Android platform.
- Strong experience with test-driven development.
- Eagerness to embrace scalability, reliability, and performance challenges.
- Familiarity with client/server and API tech stacks.
- Pointers to past mobile applications you’ve built.
- If possible, demonstrable contribution to F/OSS projects.
- If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit http://www.yelp.com
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, New Grad
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Technical Program Manager, Content
Pinterest, San Francisco
Senior Site Reliability Engineer Internship
IBM, Multiple Cities
The Linux Foundation, San Francisco, CA
Customer SysOps Engineer
MuleSoft, Buenos Aires
Enterprise Support Engineer (Japanese Language)
GitHub, Remote- Japan