Software Engineer - Android Infrastructure
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Innovate, design, and implement new tools and systems that will improve the development process for dozens of Android engineers.
- Think about the health, structure, and performance of our Android applications and find ways to improve them.
- Mentor other engineers who are learning to wrangle Androids.
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us take on brand new challenges.
- Be a part of the larger Android developer community at Yelp.
We Are Looking For:
- Deep understanding of the Android platform.
- Strong experience with test-driven development.
- Eagerness to embrace scalability, reliability, and performance challenges.
- Familiarity with client/server and API tech stacks.
- Pointers to past mobile applications you’ve built.
- If possible, demonstrable contribution to F/OSS projects.
- If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead iOS Engineer
Meetup, New York
Lead Platform Engineer
Getaround, San Francisco
Product Manager - Identity Services
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Data Science Engineer
Director of Reliability Software Engineering (RSWE)
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Sales Engineer - Chicago
Rubrik, Remote Sales