Software Engineer - Data Mining (Ad Autobidding Team)
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Work with the team to come up with creative ideas for new approaches and signals, then carry those ideas all the way to launch.
- Explore data to measure the impact of your changes and come up with ideas for how to maximize that impact.
- Work closely with infrastructure engineers to make sure that your algorithms will effectively scale to large data sets and to ensure that their systems provide the flexibility needed for your ideas.
We Are Looking For:
- 3+ years industry experience in machine learning, statistics, or related fields.
- A passion for big data and creative ideas for what to do with it.
- The algorithms and data structures experience to make your ideas workable.
- The coding experience to turn those ideas into reality. We use Java and Python. You don’t need to be an expert, but experience is a plus and we will expect you to learn them on the job.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Math, or related degree.
- A love of delighting people with local knowledge.
- Experience with online auctions, auction bidding strategies, operations research, control theory, distributed algorithms, or mathematical optimization.
- Experience working with Hadoop, Spark, or mrjob.
- Masters degree, PhD, or additional years of experience.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit http://www.yelp.com
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Data Engineer
Time Inc., Brooklyn, NY
Senior QA Test Analyst (Contract)
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
Software Engineer - UI, Seattle
Dropbox, Seattle, WA
Senior Quality Engineer- iOS Automation
Fitbit, US - Boston
Lead Full Stack Mobile (iOS/Android) Developer
It Support Engineer
Peloton, NY HQ